Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Upcycled Bar Inspiration

I live in Jersey City, a 7-minute train ride outside of NYC. Jersey City is much more sprawling but living space is definitely limited. With that in mind, I try to design and upcycled pieces that are best for smaller living quarters.

The project I really want to sink my teeth into is turning an old outdated bookshelf into a bar. I was inspired by seeing this project on Pinterest: 


This project cost around $60, mainly in the cost of the wine bottle holders and under shelf wine glass holders.  Some other examples I found were equally appealing:









For all my projects, I try to use found materials. This is challenging when it comes to finding things like wallpaper or fabric. My friend Emily brought me a small 2-shelf bookshelf from her parents garage sale (an item that didn't sell) and I've been so excited working on my own bar.

Look for my DIY post in the next few days on how I made my own bookshelf bar!


No comments:

Post a Comment